We’re halfway through the summer break here so I thought I’d take a break from posting new activities this week to give us time to play around more with some of the ideas we’ve already tried.
If you’re looking for a quick musical activity, please do take a look at what we’ve been up to so far…
- We sang Let Everyone Clap Hands With Me and joined in with sounds and actions.
- We did more call and response singing with Charlotte Diamond’s Je Suis Une Pizza.
- We gathered together all the instruments we could find around the house and made a noisy band.
- L had a go at playing the violin.
- We got to grips with the descant recorder.
- We made rhythm choosers/fortune tellers with mini activities under each flap.
- We coloured the piano keyboard.
- We played Guess Who with musical instruments instead of people or animals.
- We talked about musical jobs and hobbies.
- We listened and laughed to Pete Seeger singing Let Everyone Clap Hands Like Me.
- We heard the Hoe-Down from Aaron Copland’s Rodeo at Calgary Stampede.
- We watched the first movement of Elgar’s Cello Concerto played by soloist Adolfo Gutiérrez Arenas with the Orquesta del Principado de Asturias and conducted by Anu Tali.
- We were inspired by the children’s book Ella to listen and dance to some U2 songs.
- We stumbled across a live performance by Warrior Women, a First Nations drumming group.
- We put our feet up and enjoyed Fantasia 2000, and especially the sublime Rhapsody in Blue segment.
It’s been a fun few weeks! Hope to see you back here for more next week…